Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What's My Style?: Part 2


Whew, this is so much fun! We are already discovering so much, and we are only on the second post! In the previous post we discovered the top 4 commonly known styles. And, as stated in the last post, no one is a perfect fit for one of these styles (though if you are, that is great!) Everyone is normally a unique mix of several. So, now that you all have had some time to evaluate your personal style or perhaps have discovered a different style that you would like to try...we will begin looking at each style type one by one. We are discovering so many new possibilities with this series!  

After finishing writing Part One, I (Emelie) have been having so much fun experimenting with different styles and trends and combining it with my own personal style.  I realized that  perhaps I might really be more of a Boho style then I originally thought! It really changed my prospective on my closet and opened up the horizon for a whole new world of possibilities! Have you had the same experience?


Just last week, while at my Grandma's house, she gave me this lovely brown felt sun hat! Now in previous days I would have loved it, but never worn it, simply because no one else that was "cool" wore it! Hahahah  Really weird, huh? In recent months I have truly discovered a whole new fashion world all my own! It has been so fun wearing outfits and styles I came up with all on my own, out in town!


I feel bad seeing every other girl out and about, all wearing the same thing! It has to feel so confining! Never wearing things that only you could come up with and wear! Girls, I encourage you to look in your closet today and think...."what would I like to wear today?" Not "what would make me fit in like everyone else."  Try and find your own style!!


It can be challenging at first, but so worth it in the end!   I truly enjoy dressing more Bohemian now, and it makes it so much easier  to find new outfits in my closet! I have a whole new perspective now!


Btw, I finally mastered the fishtail braid!



 ** Cross posted on Horse Crazy Girl blog**

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You look amazing! BTW- love that hat!!! Nearly got one just like it the other day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Girls, I encourage you to look in your closet today and think...."what would I like to wear today?" Not "what would make me fit in like everyone else." Try and find your own style!!"

    Thanks for the encouragement! :D We really should be ourselves and not just go with the flow to fit in.

    ReplyDelete