Friday, October 10, 2014

Guess what time it is?!?!?!


Autumn has finally arrived and I think it is safe to say that we can now dive wholeheartedly into the scarves, boots, cute leggings, sweaters and cute hats for it is most definitely time to say TIS THE SEASON! One thing that is a BIG BIG deal to me is the scarves!



Scarves REALLY pull an outfit together and since summer here is too hot for scarves, I can now go wild with it (thanks to this lovely cool weather we have been having).  But it can be difficult to pick out and match scarves with outfits! Why just today I wanted to wear my black maxi skirt but wanted to refrain from wearing any dark colors on the top half....So after a quick search of my closet I located a very brightly (almost neon) orange tank that would be just perfect. But there was one problem. The tank was VERY sheer and was racer backed! Sooo what do you think I did? You guessed it! I found my racer backed white tank to go underneath and my racer backed bra. (It really is quite tacky looking to see bra straps in plain sight...especially with racer backed items.) And tada! I had my bright top but it looked like I was a Popcicle! A solid chunk of black on bottom and then a solid chunk of orange on top! So......walking around my room looking at different possible additions to my outfit I noticed a silky black, gray and white scarf that my Grandma had given me that previous Sunday! Now, I think it is only right to say I was planning to throw it out because it was rather cheap looking and (for all I could tell) would never go with anything! But since I didn't want to wear a solid black scarf, I tried it on. And guess what!?!?!? It pulled the entire outfit together and all that was left was adding earrings! (because I didn't even need a necklace at this point).  And so, after adding an orange bracelet and silver bracelet (to match the silver earrings) I was set! Moral of the story? Keep the scarf that you were thinking about throwing out. It could save your outfit's life!

Now some ladies use scarves to create the "finishing touch" while others use them to add that needed "POP" of color. And this is one of the most popular reasons around my house!
Such as the example below.

By itself this outfit would be very bland....but once the scarf was added it created a bright "POP" and draws the eye away from the darker outfit and up to the face. Still creating that cheerful happy look! 
So you see, there still is a way to wear all those dark colored clothes stuffed at the back of your closet without feeling like you are in the process of mourning someone dear. (No offence..but when that is NOT your intention, too much black can be depressing) Here are several more examples of brightly colored or just simply elegant scarves that were paired with rather plain or dark outfits. (Btw..if you are not a big jewelry person then scarves may be your ticket to the high road!)

Bright and cheery, even in the dark winter months of winter! 


Subtle, but yet it sets off her eyes and creates a lovely glow about her face.



Another nice little  tid-bit of info:  Scarves can hide a neckline that would otherwise would be deemed to low! Now that is an A+ right there!
Source
Source
This particular scarf is no longer available but HERE is the link to the store where it was sold! 
Btw.....did you notice that the shirt this lady is wearing almost exactly matches her skin tone and hair?... nearly washing her out? Well, I will let you all in on a little secret. That was done on purpose! 1 to make the scarf the most important piece of the outfit and 2 to draw the eye directly to the scarf. Now though this tactic is often used to promote a sale of an item it can also be used to draw the eye to the face and nowhere else.
The same tactic was used in the picture above this one....plain shirt, beautiful scarf! It really works to liven up a rather dull, or subtle outfit! Some women have even gotten away with wearing a foreign color (not a color that flatters their color scheme) by wearing a scarf that IS a flattering color on them! (Just make sure the scarf and foreign color don't clash!


And then there are the crazy color combinations that just "go together" without any explanation! Such as the outfit below! And I truly do NOT have any explanation whatsoever!



But....maybe the fashion color wheel could tell us something! Here is a link to an article written by Danielle on The Fashion Bomb Daily Blog regarding the color wheel and how it can be best used for the most flattering and eye catching outfits. It is very insightful and very informative!

*********************************************************************************
Disclaimer: I stumbled upon The Fashion Bomb Blog while searching for an article that would best help you guys get a quick grip on the color wheel..... and though the article is VERY  helpful I would not recommend the blog for any further reading for most of you.  It tends to be very worldly.  (I have nothing against the site itself or its content.) It simply is not something I would recommend a Christian girl read often. 
*********************************************************************************

- Emelie Claire 

No comments:

Post a Comment